Sunday, January 16, 2011

Departure t-minus 2 weeks!!

Sunday, January 16th

I figured it was probably about time to make another post seeing as how I've been quite involved in getting ready recently and it's been almost two months since my last post.

Since returning from Austin I've gotten to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. It's been a great final holiday season stateside. I've kept busy and in the education loop by substitute teaching in different districts around the area; I also worked at REI as a seasonal employee which was timed perfectly to be employed during the school winter break, to acquire some new gear for Zambia, and enjoy being connected again with the outdoor community.

In my final two weeks my google calendar is a bit full meeting up with friends and family saying good byes. I'm not really very good at this whole good bye thing and try to opt out for the 'catch ya later' option... not going to be very good when it comes to saying goodbye my final weekend when I can't put it off any longer especially not when I say goodbye to my family. Cross that bridge when it comes.

I'm sitting in my room at my parents house as I type this sitting on the only available bed space surrounded by everything that's exploded from my pack. I've repacked twice now and anticipating at least another two rounds minimum; a large part of that could be contributed that I love the skirts and button up shirts that I got for teaching in Zambia and I continually wear them teaching in the classroom right now, especially because then I can wear the cowboy boots I'm in love with that I got when I was down in Texas.

I'm going to set a couple of goals to complete in the next couple of days and hopefully having them posted here will hold me more liable:
1. Review the paperwork that I need to bring with me to staging and get all that squared away.
2. Make all final packing decisions and complete another round of packing
3. Coordinate the music situation and get everything I want onto my ipod (my luxury item :)
4. Visit the gym more often
5. Add packing list and staging/traveling info to this blog 

On that note need to get ready to teach some middle school science tomorrow so much depart. From this point forward I should be updating my blog more often leading up to my departure and once I'm over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment